I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Recipe Thursday {Peanut Butter Banana Bread}

Bananas and peanut butter? A great combination! This recipe is a great snack or compliment to a breakfast. Here's the recipe:


Ingredients

  • 1 stick margarine or butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 large bananas or 2 small bananas 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Blend the margarine, eggs and sugar.

"Mash" the bananas and peanut butter together with a food processor until the mixture is smooth. Add the banana mixture to the margarine mixture.

Sift together dry ingredients (salt, flour, baking powder & baking soda). Add to the banana and margarine mixture along with vanilla and lemon juice.

If you're using cupcake liners, put them in your pan. Otherwise, spray or grease the muffin cups really well. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes (mine were done at 18 minutes). Makes 1 dozen muffins.



I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love banana recipes We so have to try this. I would love it if you would stop by and link this recipe up to my new linky party, Dare to Share.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/04/dare-to-share-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks super yummy! Thanks for stopping by and linking upto Show Me What You Got Tuesday's @ ODH via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/live-linky-party-10.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter banana is great! We are so glad that you linked up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I followed you over from Wow Me Wednesday and these sound yummy! I am always looking for more banana recipes.

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up. We are making some banana bread/muffins this weekend. I think we need to try it with peanut butter. I hope you come back and link up some more great recipes on this weeks party.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/04/dare-to-share-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!