I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Colorful Quarters {Men’s Card}

Here’s another men’s card for you. I’m not sure if it’s quite as masculine as my last men’s card, but I like it for a guy all the same. Maybe it could be an either or kind of card?

It was a fun one to make! Here’s the trick, though. You have to be prepared to either make four versions of the card or waste/save some paper for another day.

I, of course, do not throw any paper away that is much bigger than an inch square. Seriously. If you don’t believe me, you should check out this flower card, these woven paper cards, and these block birthday cards. They were all made with paper scraps of some sort or another.  

Ok, back to this card. Here’s how to make it:
  1. Cut your standard piece of white card stock 5.5x8.5 inches and fold/score it in half.
  2. Cut four pieces of card stock (one red, one blue, one green, and one yellow/mustard) measuring 5.25x4 inches.
  3. Cut each piece from step two on the diagonals (basically cut an “x”). First cut from one corner to the other. Keep the two pieces together. Cut from the other corner to the other. You should now have four quarters (triangle shaped) of each color. You’ll want to make sure to cut each piece as close to the same as possible.
  4. Now, here’s the reason you’ll want to make four cards. Take one quarter/triangle of each color, and fit them together to form one rectangle. Glue these pieces on to your white base. If you notice, though, you still have quarters/triangles left. Use these to make more cards! You’ll have just the right amount to make four cards, and they’ll all be a little different.
  5. I wanted to tie all the colors together, so I cut a piece of patterned paper with all the colors of the quarters/triangles measuring 2.5x4.5 inches. It’s the polka dot border you can see in the picture. Glue this piece to the center of your card.
  6. Cut a piece of white card stock measuring 2x4 inches. Stamp “happy” in different colors. I used the same four colors of blue, green, red and yellow/mustard. I also embossed the last “happy”, so it would stand out a little bit from the others.
  7. I had a little room on the bottom still, so I added a row of brads to finish the sentiment piece off.
  8. Glue your sentiment piece to your patterned paper, and you’re done!





I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday * Get Inspired Monday * The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack * Etcetorize * Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup * Ta-Da Tuesday * Tuesdays Cute Crafts & Cute Parties *Happy Family Times * Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out * Tuesday Tidbits * Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday * Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday * Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up * My Crowded Kitchen * Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    Cards for men are always the hardest to come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors & design!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for new card ideas! Thanks for sharing. came over from family every after....
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I'll have to remember this layout. I always have a hard time holding back when making 'male' cards, but this is perfect. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!