I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blended Ombre Walls

 
I've been busy, busy these last few days! We've had the same color scheme in our room since we were married (a little over 6 years ago), so I'm ready for a change! Here's the color scheme now:
I've loved it, but change is good. It breathes fresh life into things. So, I'm going for something totally different. Colors more like this:


Source: target.com via Erin on Pinterest

The first step? Getting rid of those blue and teal(ish) walls! I can't just paint a room just one color though. Oh, no, that's just not fun! (My dad thinks I'm crazy with all my different colors in the house). So what would be fun to do? Ombre walls! I wanted them to be a little blended together, though, because I have ombre walls in another room of the house that have defined sections (you can see them a little here).

I thought I'd figure it out on my own and then post a tutorial, but I had a hard time getting it to work. I went searching, searching, searching for help, and finally, came across this technique from Lowes. It worked great! There was still a little trial and error getting my technique down, but it turned out fabulous!

There's still more work to be done before the room is finished, but we're off to a good start! 








I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday *  The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack * Etcetorize * Made by you Monday*Make It Yourself Monday*Mop It Up Mondays*Make The Scene Monday*
Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup *  Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out  * Tasteful Tuesdays * 
Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday *From Dream To Reality*Create & Share*What I Whipped Up Wednesday*What We Wore & Made Wednesday*The Creative Spark Wednesdays* Milk & Cuddles*Made By Me Wednesdays*
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday *Taylor House Thursday*Transformation Thursday*Hookin Up With HoH*Creative Juice Thursday*Live Laugh Linky Thursday* Link Party Thursday*
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up  *Friday Fun Party* Friday Flair*Pity Party*Frugal Friday*Friday Favorites*Weekend Craft Soiree*
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * 
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party

6 comments:

  1. Love the tones you chose! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for sharing!
    I love how your walls turned out.... Incredible how they blend into your lampshades! You are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystelle! The lamp shades were a happy accident. Don't you love it when things work out like that?

      Delete
  3. How pretty! What a great idea!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    This turned out great! What an awesome way to get more than one color on the wall and I love how you also added the color to the lampshades :) Love the color too. It took me about 10 years to talk my husband into something other than white walls and I love all the different colors in the rooms. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday each week to share your wonderful posts. Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your walls came out great. I love the way you blended it. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!