I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Disneyland or Bust {Freezer Paper Stenciled Shirt}


 
Since we started planning our road trip to Disneyland, I’ve wanted to make this shirt for my little guy. The idea just popped into my head one day and I haven’t been able to forget it (and, hey, that’s saying something).

My little guy is going to wear it on day 2 of our road trip. I mentioned making matching shirts for everyone, but no one seemed too excited for that. A little too nerdy maybe? Oh well, he’ll be super cute.

I downloaded this font, Googled Mickey Mouse ears, and put everything together in Microsoft Word. Then I did some freezer paper stenciling. Oh, and if you’ve ever wondered if you can use puff paint to do freezer stenciling, the answer is YES! I like using soft fabric paint (like this) a little better for freezer paper stenciling, but it still works well and looks great!

Oh, and if you’ve never heard of freezer paper stenciling or need help getting started, I AmMomma Hear Me Roar has a great video tutorial.




I'm linking at these great parties:

Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday *  The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack *  Made by you Monday*Make It Yourself Monday*Mop It Up Mondays*Make The Scene Monday*Make It Pretty Monday*
Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup *  Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out  * Tasteful Tuesdays * Too Cute Tuesday*Tuesday's Treasures*Crafty TuesdayTrendy Tuesday
Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday *From Dream To Reality*Create & Share*What I Whipped Up Wednesday*What We Wore & Made Wednesday*The Creative Spark Wednesdays* Milk & Cuddles*Made By Me Wednesdays*Adorned From Above*
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday *Taylor House Thursday*Transformation Thursday*Hookin Up With HoH*Creative Juice Thursday*Live Laugh Linky Thursday* Link Party Thursday*Taking A Time Out Thursday*Eat Make Grow*
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up  *Friday Fun Party* Friday Flair*Pity Party*Frugal Friday*Friday Favorites*Weekend Craft Soiree*Weekend Warmth*One Creative Weekend
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * A Pinteresting Party*Serenity Saturday
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    What a cute T-shirt! I love the Mickey theme :) Disney will always be my favorite no matter how old I am. I've always said I would live on Main Street if Disney would let me :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!