I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We're Moving Along {A Marble Track}

Well, hello there stranger! Do you miss me? 

I must say that I do miss being able to blog more often, but it's been a whirlwind around here! If you read this post, you know that we're moving. It's quite an undertaking I must say! Having a child to move just adds so much more to it. We're trying to prepare as much as possible without "rocking his world" too much before it's necessary. He does know we're moving to a new place and a new "house", but I'm sure he doesn't quite understand what's really going to happen. 

With all the changes and craziness of packing, I wanted to take some some time one day to play with him. I wanted to do something special, and when I came across all the cardboard tubes I'd been saving up, I knew the perfect thing: a marble track! If you've been around for a while, you'll know that I'm a big fan of marble tracks (we made one here and here). 
 All we used was duct tape and cardboard tubes from toilet paper and paper towels. Simple.

I added some shoot off tracks toward the end for a little added fun. It was interesting to see which end the marble would come out of.

He played with it for days and days!

Oh, and just to prove the packing effort is moving along, I'd like to point out that box in the corner there. :-)

I'll be back at some point with more posts (hopefully before the move), and I promise things will be more consistent here in a few weeks when we get settled. We only have about a week and a half to go!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is where I party:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!