I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas on a Budget {Ornament Garland}


Are you ready for another inexpensive (or maybe even free!) idea for decorating this holiday season? How about an ornament garland? It's fun. It's pretty. It's sparkly (yay!). 

When I saw this Christmas Bells Hanging Christmas Decor, I loved it. What a fun way to add a few more decorations! The problem? We're trying to keep the spending to a minimum this year, and I didn't quite have all the supplies. "Oh well, maybe next year," I thought. 

Then, when we were decorating for Christmas, and realized that I have A LOT (and I mean like several trees worth) of ornaments. Naturally, they won't all fit on our tree, so I usually pack the unused ones back up. Well, not this year! (At least not all of them; I still have a lot of extras. I might be a bit of an ornament fanatic...just maybe)



I hung some extra garland from the ceiling (my husband cringed at the push pins, but then he decided they'll patch easily). Then, using silver thread, I hung my ornaments from the garland. You could use any kind of ornaments, but I went with the lighter, non-breakable ones...just in case. They're staying up fine, though, so there was no need for me to worry! Beautiful, don't you think?

It adds a little something extra to our breakfast bar area. I love it!
This is one Christmas decoration that will be making return visits year after year!



I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday *  The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack *  Made by you Monday*Make It Yourself Monday*Mop It Up Mondays*Make The Scene Monday*Make It Pretty Monday*
Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup *  Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out  * Tasteful Tuesdays * Too Cute Tuesday*Tuesday's Treasures*Crafty TuesdayTrendy Tuesday
Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday *From Dream To Reality*Create & Share*What I Whipped Up Wednesday*What We Wore & Made Wednesday*The Creative Spark Wednesdays* Milk & Cuddles*Made By Me Wednesdays*Adorned From Above*
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday *Taylor House Thursday*Transformation Thursday*Hookin Up With HoH*Creative Juice Thursday*Live Laugh Linky Thursday* Link Party Thursday*Taking A Time Out Thursday*Eat Make Grow*
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up  *Friday Fun Party* Friday Flair*Pity Party*Frugal Friday*Friday Favorites*Weekend Craft Soiree*Weekend Warmth*One Creative Weekend
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * A Pinteresting Party*Serenity Saturday
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party




14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that blue, and the fact that they filled that unused space with lots of Christmas cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. It's great to connect with you, Erin.

    And wow, you're crazy talented with crafts. I wish I were more crafty myself because this garland would be on one of my top 'to do' lists. So beautiful. I love the matched colours too. Beautiful.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You can't have too much 'sparkle' during the holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just wanted to let you know this project is being featured in my Christmas round-up post. Thanks for linking to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations. See you next year :o) This feature link will be live Friday morning US time.
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/12/25-amazing-things-to-make-eat-bake.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how sparkly! If you'd like to add it to Photo Friday Blog Hop on Ladies Holiday (http://www.ladiesholiday.com) and add it to your list that would be super! Cheers and Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the invite! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty! I like to use snowflakes to decorate with in January. I now have a great project I can work on over Christmas break and have it ready for January. Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!